Thursday, October 07, 2004

April in Paris

I finally managed to see a bit of theatre tonight after a VERY long cultural drought in my life. What with marriage, moving, job and dog, I don´t seem to have much free time these days (and the small amount I do have seems to involve food shopping or pouring inebriated colleagues out of taxi´s after wine tasting evenings - thanks to a Danish friend for that one).
So I did make it with a few other coworker´s to April in Paris at the English Theatre here. I´m left a bit hmm, haww after it - it really didn´t do much for me. The first half certainly suffered from somewhat stilted and slow moving dialogue (fault of both playwright and pacing as far as I could see) although the second act managed to pick up a bit of momentum and finished, if not with a bang, at least it was slightly more than a fizzle.
It has put me off visiting that particular theatre again though and seeing as I can keep pace with dialogue in German, there is no particular reason to hunt out English only performances these days.
But it was really nice to set foot in a theatre again and I managed to while away the slower parts of the show by happily staring into the ceiling and evaluating their lighting set up (not bad by the way, they had a few cute effects going on a minimal rig).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home